Friday, December 14, 2012

Colorwork

So I have been wanting to sink my teeth into colorwork for some time now but could never get the courage up to do it. I have always found the thought of multiple colors slightly intimidating to work with. Well the other day I decided to watch some videos on good ol' You Tube and see what this skill was all about. After watching a couple videos it really seemed to be quite simple.

This video was great at explaining how to manage the yarn which was what I was most concerned about. I had this fear of everything getting extremely tangled and becoming a mess.

Then it was time to find some patterns I wanted to try and here are some of my favs:


Lotus Mittens by Heather Desserud


Chrysanthemums by Heather Desserud


Isidora by SpillyJane



And here is what I am working on:


- A

No comments:

Post a Comment