Tuesday, January 8, 2013

My Top Christmas Gifts!

Okay so now that the holidays have finished and life is starting to get back to normal I thought I woul share with you my two favorite gifts that I recieved this Christmas :)

Number One!

My wonderful husband got me a quilting/sewing machine and I have been busy playing with it ever since I cracked open the box on boxing day. I would have started earlier but I had a house full of people and turkey to monitor.


The machine is a Brother SQ9050 and it is fabulous for a beginner quilter like me. I did watch their you tube video on how to use it and it has been going great ever since. I really think that if you want to get a good machine and cannot yet afford or backup your reasoning for Pfaff machine this is a good place to start. The SQ9050 has 100 unique built in sewing stitches including utility, decorative, heirloom, and quilting stitches. Also included are 55 alphanumeric stitches for basic monogramming and 8 styles of one-step auto-size buttonholes for perfect buttonholes every time! With an extensive array of included accessories and a wide quilting table. 

Number Two!

My dear brother got me a knitting kit from Brooklyn Tweed. He listens to direction well lol


Yarn: Loft in the Button Jar colorway
 

I have been coveting this yarn for a long time and cannot wait to get started on this beautiful shawl. It will be my first big leap into lace knitting and will be my first shawl. Yeeeeee so excited :) First I have to get some other things off the needles ... we will see how that goes lol

How were your holidays? Did you get any fiber goodies this year? I cannot wait to hear about it :)

- A

No comments:

Post a Comment