Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Back from Jamaica!

Back from Jamaica as a married women! So exciting.

I thought for sure I was going to get some knitting done while I was away but I was greatly mistaken. I was scared to lose my needles if I took them on a plan even though TSA allows this in Canada. Regretted this during the 3 hour flight to Jamaica. Got 5 rows done on a baby hat while in Jamaica. Thats it! I didnt even touch the other two projects I took with me. Didn't put my knitting things in my carry on for the way home, who knows what Jamaica's rules are. Regretted this when our flight was delayed for 3 hours due to snow storms at home. Nice way to welcome a newly married coupe home :(

So today was a sort of catch up or get back to knitting again day. I finished the baby hat which looks a little big to me but it is sized for a 3-6 month old so maybe it will be okay.


This was my first attempt at embroidering a design on a knitted item so hopefully it looks alright. It's suppose to be two flowers but my DH thinks they look like crosses. The hat is a pattern from 'Easy Baby Knits' by Claire Montgomerie and is done using Cotton Cashmere by Debbie Bliss in shade 15002

Maybe tomorrow I will finally finish that first sock! lol Who am I kidding :)

 -- A

No comments:

Post a Comment