Thursday, January 13, 2011

Is knitting addictive??

When I first started knitting this past summer I clearly had no idea what I was getting in to. I did not know that I would become obsessed with buying knitting books and magazines, I did not know that I would become crazy excited about a yarn sale at the local craft store, or that I would carry around knitting in my purse, knit in the car, knit in the coffee shop, and knit at work! I had no idea how much it would devastate me when I dropped a stitch or had one too many at the end of a row and how great it would feel when I project was completed.

Knitting has overtaken my life!

Last week a purchased a knitting book by the Yarn Harlot, Knitting Rules. I thought this would be harmless as I was already teetering on the edge of addiction when it comes to her blog. How was I to know that I would be checking her blog every morning and night just hoping to hear something witty about her adventures in knitting. This book was awesome!

After reading just the first chapter I learned that I was a Level 4 or an Obsessed Knitter. Here is how this person is described, " The knitter spends all of her free time knitting, and the time she considers 'free' is expanding. She is likely now neglecting housework with a vengeance and is dreaming in knitting code. The 'obsessed' knitter stalks other people to stare at their sweaters, and would rather sit on a train where she can knit comfortably, rather than drive. This knitter has discovered books on tape, buys yarn like it's a job, and dreams of a way to make money from knitting so she wouldn't have to waste good knitting time earning a living...."


My yarn stash has gone from 2 or 3 balls of yarn to this full bin!












I have begun a needle collection as well, as you can see I prefer bamboo needles.


P.s. I am expecting a delivery tomorrow with two whole sets of needles that I got with some x-mas money. Oh and I also got a ball winder and a knitting yarn swift. All from Knit Picks.

Thanks mom xo





So as you can see, YES knitting can be addictive! But it is one addiction that is completely healthy :) Well at least I think so

-- A

No comments:

Post a Comment