Saturday, December 24, 2011

I got two socks, I got two socks!

Wahoo! Mom's socks are done and just in time for Christmas.

Here are the details:
- US 2½ - 3.0 mm
Yarn - Knit Picks Imagination Hand Painted Sock Yarn



I have no idea why this took me so long but I am glad they are done so I can let myself make a pair for me. I found the dpns quite hard to use on the second sock, weird so I switched to magic loop after the heel and this went much faster for me.  For more info please see my Ravelry Project Page

We I can't stay long as I still have other gifts to finish and it's Christmas EVE!! Off to do some quilting now.

- A

1 comment:

  1. Hello, Your socks look beautiful. Socks do take some time. Picking up stitches for the heel can be a challenge.

    I don't believe it is necessary to buy a holder to unravel the yarn. Get a friend to hold the skein. Also, you can place it over the back of a chair/rocking chair and roll into a ball. I'm confident you will look around your home and find something which will do the trick.

    Keep on knitting. It is a wonderful past time.

    ReplyDelete