Friday, December 2, 2011

Simple Seed Stitch Scarf

I have been meaning to put up this scarf for awhile now but I have been to busy wearing it instead of writing the pattern done. I am not taking credit for creating this pattern as I am sure that it has been done and re-done so many times. This project is the perfect on the go, keep in your bag for the bus kind of project.

Here is what I did:

I picked out this fabulous yarn:

Misti Alpaca Hand Paint Chunky
Needles used: US9 or 10 I can't remember (you can just go with the recommended needle size on the yarn)
Gauge: 4.5 stitches per inch, 7 rows per inch
Yardage: 324 yards, 3 Skeins
Size: 9.5" x 52"

Using the long tail cast on, cast on 42 stitches.

To set up seed stitch pattern:
Row 1: K1, *P1, K1, rep to the end
Row 2: P1, *K1, P1, rep to the end


Continue with the seed stitch pattern until the scarf is as long as you like. I thought two skeins would be enough but in the end I had used 3 (I probably could have gone with 4 so I could get more of a wrap around length.


Enjoy and happy knitting!

- A

No comments:

Post a Comment