Thursday, December 30, 2010

Quick Knit Hat

I found a great pattern for a quick knit hat on the Yarn Harlot's blog. However after the first one was knitted I found it just a little too short as it did not cover my ears and it was a little too tight for my head so I adjusted the pattern a little. I tried to keep track of my adjustments and here is the new pattern:

Materials:
- 3 strands of worseted weight held together or two strands of chunky
- 12 mm straight needles

Gauge:
- 7 stitches to 10 cm

Steps:
- Cast on 40 stitches
- Knit 5 rows
- RS - Knit one row increasing two stitches equally spaced (42 sts)
- WS - K1, purl to last stitch, K1
- RS - Knit
- Repeat last two rows until 14 rows have been worked ending with a RS

Begin Decreases:
- K3, *K2tog, K2, repeat from * until end
- K1, P2, *P2tog, P1, repeat from * until end
- Knit across
- K1, purl across, K1
- K1, *K2tog, K1, repeat to end
- K1, *P2tog, P1, Repeat to end
- P2tog across until 4 stitches remain

Cut yarn leaving enought to thread through remaining stitches and sew up the seam. Make sure to line up the garter stitch rows.

I made mine using two strands of Bernat Alpaca, one green and one purple.



It was not off the needles for 10 seconds and my mother claimed it as her own!



Enjoy!
-- A

No comments:

Post a Comment